Sunday, March 27, 2011

Motorcycle Has Arrived

Ended up finding a 2001 BMW K 1200 LTC for the trip.  I went to the Licence Bureau to take the written test and was told my existing license already had my motorcycle designation.  So, with no need to take the test again, I've been riding a bit since then and getting used to the ride.  It is a fantastic bike and is fun.  It is quite a bike ( http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/bmw_k_1200_lt_2001.php ) and will be great for this adventure. 

Nearly finished with Mark Richardson's book, very helpful and easy to read.  I've been anxious about both the physical and emotional/psychological weariness that will inevitably show up and this book helps with a perspective from someone who has been there/done that.  Would recommend it for anyone taking this trip or wanting to know more about the characters in ZMM. 

Here are a few pictures of me and the kids with the new toy...



No comments:

Post a Comment